Sunday 20 March 2011

Belgium Inspired Kitchen

I havent really shared many kitchens yet and have yet to divulge my secretive; Cant eat, Cant sleep cause I'm dreaming about kitchens!! obsession with you.... I have what some might find bazaar heart wrenching feeling when I see gorgeous kitchens - and my mind starts spinning with idea's of layouts and functionality, and I drool over hardware believe it or not.... With this being said I really hope you enjoy this next post
                   
Notice the harmonious proportions in the kitchen by balancing the three main work/living areas.  The island in the center is the same length as both the stainless inset wall (seen at left) and the breakfast alcove..

I love how they created a wall of stainless-steel-sheathed cabinetry surrounding the Wolf range. It makes the cabinetry and the range to feel integrated, like creating one large appliance wall and of course a pot filler... nothings better than a pot filler!
Balancing the stainless steel appliance wall with an elegantly proportioned island clad in reclaimed oak.. Making the hub of the kitchen feel warm amongst the concrete floors, which are also stained in a warmer grey coated with a high gloss finish.
The breakfast table features a thin concrete slab top; the wrap-around benches are covered in mocha linen and warmed with throw pillows.. xoxox Love!!
and then attention to detail by putting storage on the back side of the island and bringing the cabinetry to the floor.  Paired with the classic Mid-Century Studio Stool by Tolix.

Truly Great Design
-from Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...