Tuesday 15 March 2011

Open for thought

Space — something that anyone with a small house or apartment (like me!) will particularly appreciate. I've been drawn to minimal, modern design since I started flipping through design magazines.  I have grown an appreciation for clean space simply because it's allows your thoughts to breathe.. An clean space opens the door for creativity, who can think with clutter ?? Here is a great example of the type of spaces that bring the creativity out of me;
this space is empty but the exposed posts and beams already make the room warm and inviting with out dictating what might typically belong in here what so ever.. I dream of stumbling upon a place like this when I'm looking for a new place to live. 
This photo, found in this months issue of Lonny is a great example of making the most out of a blank slate. I love the vintage chandelier and over sized numbers!?  The cozy rug grounds the living area and the soft fabrics add warmth and who doesn't love arcade games in their spare time?!!

xo K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...