Tuesday 17 January 2012

Baby its Cold Outside

For this first time this winter it has snowed here in Victoria.  But boy is it cold! So cold my skin has been angry with me, from the drastic change of cold temperatures to dry indoor heat my skin has been so so dry!  So today I splurged a little (or a lot...) on some new skin care.  Purchased was Origins Checks and Balances, frothy face wash and Origins Make a Difference, skin rejuvenating treatment
I will let you know how it goes.. As of lately I have been having trouble finding the exact right products I love, and also where to splurge and when to save!! Hopefully I can start writing some post from my personal insight, or if you have input or products you LOVE please email me! 

and keep in mind, it's not just the product you buy that take care of your skin its how you take care of your insides too! Here are some helpful hints from The Beauty Department;


Have a Drink. You might not be as thirsty when it’s cold outside, but in fact, your skin loses up to 25% more moisture in the winter than in the summer! Get your fluids by drinking water, juice, soup, and caffeine-free tea and coffee.
Try hemp. Hemp seed oil is pressed from the seeds of nondrug varieties of cannabis, which means it doesn’t contain THC, the hallucinogen found in marijuana.  It’s packed, however, with anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats. Studies have shown that dietary hemp seed oil may improve hydration and reduce itching and dryness. Try it on salads (in
place of olive oil) or mixed into hummus and smoothies.
Go fish. Oily fish like salmon and trout are rich in a type of fatty acid called DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), which has been shown to help relieve dryness and itching. If you’re a vegetarian, you can substitute algae oil supplements for the fish.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thank you! I always needed to write on my site something like that. Can I include a part of your post to my website?
    !#: Sorel Women's Helen Of Tundra Boot... The Cheapest

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...